Trauma, its impact and path to healingby Tom Tomlinson and Abigail Szathmary
Trauma comes in all guises and its impact upon the individual is always GLOBAL encompassing both the emotional and the physical. Thus the path to healing requires a re-visiting, and a re-evaluation of the notion that we are divided into body, mind and spirit.AT A GLANCE
- Body, mind and spirit should be considered as different layers if the human psyche, rather than as separate entities.
- Trauma impacts the human entity entirely, from the deepest emotion to the most superficial physical state.
- The healing of trauma has the equivalent impact.
Trauma (and pain), reciprocate between the different layers
- Physical pain is also always emotional
- Emotional pain is also always physical.